At the age of 2, Ayaan tried his first piece of butter chicken and he became sick. Again at age 4 and 1/2 he was at a friends’ house and tried this same dish again. He was to the point of throwing up fresh blood when his parents took him to the pediatrician. He referred them to an allergist. The allergist said Ayaan was allergic to tree nuts so they began avoiding them. Shweta, Ayaan’s mom was doing her own research on Facebook and saw a story on one of Dr. Chacko’s patients. She made an appointment the following week. Today Ayaan completed his 1st day of OIT treatment!!! We are so excited to follow Ayaan on his journey. He is a self proclaimed foodie and we can’t wait to let him unleash his love for food upon completion of OIT!